|Season 1, Episode 1|
|Air date||May 16, 2002|
|Written by|| Gina Riley|
|Directed by||Ted Emery|
Kath Day is enjoying life as an empty nester until her recently married daughter Kim moves back in, insisting her marriage to Brett is "O-V-A-H", despite only being married two months. Kim finds out that Kath has turned her room in to an exercise room where she does her pump and pilates.
Much to Kim's disgust, Kath has a new lover and they're going for it like rabbits. Kath has a feeling in her waters that Kel is about to make their sensual relationship a mere formality.
Meanwhile, Kim enlists 'second best friend', Sharon's help to stalk her estranged husband, with disastrous results.
- Jane Turner as Kath Day-Knight
- Gina Riley as Kim Craig
- Magda Szubanski as Sharon Strzelecki
- Glenn Robbins as Kel Knight
- Peter Rowsthorn as Brett Craig
Notes and TriviaEdit
- Kath & Kim are supposed to live in the suburbs, however during 'Wine Time' the water can clearly be seen. Thus showing that they are not truly in the suburbs.
- The line said by Kath at the beginning of the episode 'It's over, O-V-A-H', in reference to her marriage will be said again by Epponnee-Rae in a flash-forward scene in the season 3 episode 99% Fat Free.
- This episodes production code is 101.
|“|| Sharon: Kim, I think it's nice about your mum and Kel. Don't you think it's nice that she's got a boyfriend? Or are they day factos?
Kim: Day facto, night facto... the fact that they're facto-ing at all I find repulsive in the extreme.
|“|| Kath: Oh Kim, I'm very proud to say that last night Kel made me feel more like a woman than I have in a very long time.
Kim: Not before breakfast, ploise!
|“||Kim: [To self] You couldn't ask for a better friend than Sharon. She's one of those people that make you feel better by just being around. You know, by comparison.||”|
|“||Kath: I like to keep myself trim, Kim. Does it make me a crim to keep myself trim?||”|